Cop to Cop: A Peer Support Training Manual for the Law Enforcement Officer
by Rachelle Katz, Daniel I. Cohen and Ronnie M. Hirsh
This text is designed as a comprehensive presentation of materials required for the training of police peer supporters.
Here is a partial listing of topics found in the text:
- Interpersonal Communication Skills: Relating, Listening, and Responding
- Grief and Bereavement
- Preventing Suicide
- The Consequences of Stress
- Healthy and Unhealthy Relationships
- Alcohol Abuse and Other Compulsive Behaviors
- Critical Incident Stress
- Post traumatic Stress Disorder
- Each chapter concludes with a series of questions to help trainees integrate the material.
"These manuals are highly informative and provide a clear overview of the common stress related problems experienced by many police officers. Every law enforcement agency should have a peer support program"
- Book Review by Joseph J. Truncale in The Law Enforcement Trainer Magazine